Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Red Tail Hawk and EASTERN SCREECH-OWL (Hidden)



Saturday in NH was a beautiful day, 48 degrees, no wind. We decided to take advantage of the day and took ride to our 18 mile seacoast. We were NOT alone, we found people walking, running, biking, birding and photographing.
Our first stop was Odiorne Point State Park, pulling into the parking lot Bob notice a Red Tail Hawk, excited I grabbed my camera and starting shooting.
Leaving the park we noticed a group of photographers and birders looking up toward a tree, we stopped, again I grabbed my camera and found a gray-morph EASTERN SCREECH-OWL. As first I did not see the owl in the tree trunk, a kind birder allowed me to look through his powerful binoculars. Hidden I could see the owl.
I am not a wildlife photograph but I try and Saturday was a dream come true, photographing decent birds images.

2 comments:

Helen said...

These are great shots. That owl looks cute hidden like that. Helen

Anonymous said...

I couldn't see the owl at first... Ordiorne is gorgeous, i can't wait to get to the ocean!