Monday, May 05, 2008

Finally SUN, Sunday at dusk

LESSON LEARNED:  No matter what kind of weather, do not leave home without camera.

Shooting over the weekend was impossible it rained.  I ventured out not taking my camera, OPPS I came across a beautiful shot, clouds, mist, mountains and the lake.

The sun finally appeared near dusk.  I look out of the window and decided to look for a spot to take magic hour/sunset images. The sunset did not last as long as I hoped, a ridges of clouds hide the beautiful end of the sunset.

I found an OLD white birch, with the excellent lighting might work. 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful lighting in those images, Betty...love the birch tree! I know what you mean about the camera...I had to leave mine in the car when we took the ferry to NYC on Saturday to see Wicked. Can you imagine being in NYC after dark without a camera? It was VERY painful.
Vicki

Anonymous said...

I think that's the biggest birch tree I've ever seen--beautiful!

Beth

Anonymous said...

Nice pics!!!
Have a good week,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Beautiful images, Betty... That old Birch is amazing!  And yes, it sure was nice to see the sun again, wasn't it?  

Chelle

Anonymous said...

Yep, this is the best time for photography whether you are aiming into the sun or away from it.  Great pics!

Greg

Anonymous said...

these are beautiful!!
gina

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. I have several Birch trees on my property. I also have a few wild cherry trees and crab apple trees. The later end up giving the effect of snow there is so much pollen coming off these trees when they bloom fully. You should see the Birch trees now, they look like they are enveloped in a white hanging mist from the pollen that stuck to the hanging tassles. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

these are so beautiful, thanks for sharing... I like my "mini" one shot camera.... I can and do take it everywhere...

Veronica

journals.aol.com/vbonalesmd/emresident

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics

Hugs
Terri

Anonymous said...

Beautiful golden pond....lovely white birch with warm golden highlights on the branches....:::::sigh:::::::
wonderful shots~
Marie

Anonymous said...

Yup...beautiful indeed.   Just my kind of pics.

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots, they just kept getting better.

            Julie