Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Successful Weekend, Sorta: Blue Heron, Geese and Red Winged Blackbird

Bob bent my arm (I was planning on working in the yard) and I told me he thought of road we never traveled on. Unfortunately while the ride was beautiful, not too many photo opportunities....that can happen. BUT my luck changed after passing about 15 bog areas, my eyes spotted a Blue Heron....I made him stop!!!! I needed to change my lens...was extremely careful not to slam the car door....walked across street like a light weight ballerina, tip toeing to water's edge.

Do keep in mind, while I have a great lens EF 70-200mm f/2.8 and a 2x extender, the range of this set up is not great for birding all the time. But my supportive friend,
Flatland Photo/Charlie is encouraging me to work with this set and improve my shooting capabilites. Check out his wildlife images. Sighhhhhh.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good idea to stop!  I do that to Stu a lot and it often drives him crazy.  
Fantastic shots!  Love that little red wing peeking through...and the reflection shots.

Nancy