Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Courting Candle Stick Holders

One my favorite hobbies are shopping at flea markets, garage sales and consignment shops.  My home I have decorated with my finds. I will post a few of my finds and how I decorate using items.  (I use to host decorating chats for AOL's home area, decorating is my first love, following photography)

My newest finds are two courting candle stick holders.  I did a research and found interesting history about my old candle stick holders.
History of Courting Candles - Wrought Iron Courting Candle Holder found at my favorite consignment shop The Etcetera Shoppe

In the 1600's to the 1800's, courting candles were used by the man of the home to set boundaries for his daughter. When the daughter's suitor came calling, the father lit the candle in a sitting room where the couple conversed.

No comments: