Tuesday, June 17, 2008

29th Annual Quechee Hot Air Balloon Festival, 2008

Check this link for more images 29th Annual Quechee Hot Air Balloon Festival 2008 - a set on Flickr

Our NEPE group meet last Friday night in Vermont, to shoot glow pictures of the balloons after they took off at 6 PM. John one of the organizers, decided to take a flight, returning with an experience of his life.  The cost for the flight was $222. The balloons for the glow show remained on the ground, they are not allow to fly at night, showcasing their firing up, displaying an awesome glow show to music.

The next morning we were up at 4:30, meeting at the field at 6 AM to view another flight.  The wind current was not as strong as the night before, the balloons remained very close to the field, allowing us to photograph.

I cannot think of better time, great shooting with our newly found friends, enjoy one of my most remembered events. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Betty, these are brilliant.   I love how you have the four in a row as a diagonal.  Balloons are terrific subjects!  (Stu and I JUST took a ride in one last week...I'll post about it and share pics soon)
Hugs,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

i really like the evening glow photo.  i'm sure you had a wonderful time.
gina

Anonymous said...

I have seen some beautiful Balloon festival shots, but these are outstanding!!!
The evening shot is my favorite, the silhouette at sunset is my second favorite.
Ü
Keep up the GREAT work!
Marie

Anonymous said...

Betty, wonderful pictures, glad you enjoyed it so much. I am still looking into getting a baloon ride, Bill

Anonymous said...

Your photos are wonderful, Betty!  I'm so happy you enjoyed your weekend at the festival.  Thank you for sharing the evening glow ~ I'm sorry I missed it!  It was great to see you again.

Michelle

Anonymous said...

Betty...love all of them, but the glow photo is really my favorite. Great captures! Sounds like you and your new group are having a wonderful time...and we get to see the results!
Vicki