Thursday, August 21, 2008

Blueberry Picking With Grandchildren

Which Blueberry Is Ripe For The Picking? by you.

Filling Up The Pail With Blueberries  by you.

A cute sign found at the farm.

Apple Hill Farm Sign  by you.

We took our grandchildren blueberry picking at Apple Hill Farm Concord, NH.  (I have to return for their raspberries and apples are coming into season. I like freezing berries for winter baking.)

My grandchildren picked over 11 lbs of blueberries.  We had blueberrie pancakes the next morning and divided their picking.  I froze my share, placing unwashed berries on a flat cookie tray, dividing into premeasured, two cup bags to freeze. Vicki request a link for blueberries and freezing
Blueberry Selection and Storage Information. How to choose and store blueberries.

The kids had a great time picking, so did we!!!



5 comments:

pharmolo said...

Your blueberries are larger than the 1/3-inch variety I'm used to

cmishvicki said...

Betty, great shots and sounds like you had a lot of fun. I need to talk to you about advice for freezing the berries (and then using them after they're defrosted). :) I know this information is more appropriate for your old, defunct journal, but...share please.
Vicki

midwestvintage said...

 They look great

           Julie

eyesbaerle said...

Sounds wonderful and the beery's sure look wonderful.
Hugs, Maria

hollistergirlx1 said...

I could eat blueberry's ALL DAY LONG!!! Awesome Photos!!